Counselling can assist if you are experiencing difficulties in life where you feel that you need help to deal with life, work or family demand. The process of talking through issues with a supportive, objective and trained third party can help clarify thoughts, feeling and options. Counselling also provides individuals with opportunities to examine how to use their existing skills and resources along with the opportunity develop new knowledge and skills to enhance their lives and relationships.
Counselling supports can include the interventions outlined below, coaching and skills building and couples counselling.
Psycho-education (including motivational interviewing)
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy including:
- – Behavioural interventions
- – Behaviour modification
- – Exposure techniques
- – Activity scheduling
- – Cognitive interventions
- – Cognitive therapy
- Relaxation strategies
- – Progressive muscle relaxation
- – Controlled breathing
- Skills training
- – Problem solving skills and training
- – Anger management
- – Social skills training
- – Communication training
- – Stress management
- – Parent management training
- Interpersonal therapy (especially for depression)
SOLUTION-FOCUSED BRIEF THERAPY (SFBT)
- SFBT approaches place the focus on a person's present and future circumstances and goals rather than past experiences. In this goal-oriented therapy, the symptoms or issues bringing a person to therapy are typically not targeted, rather, the therapist encourages the client to develop a vision of the future and offers support as they determine the skills, resources, and abilities needed to achieve that vision successfully. This can be helpful where there is a specific goal of need identified by the client when they attend for support.
Includes career/vocational assessment and career counselling to assist adults and young people in determining sound career and study choices.
Assessments include IQ assessment and reporting.
TUNING INTO KIDS
Paulette is a trained Tuning into Kids ™ facilitator.
Tuning in to Kids™ is a parenting program that helps children learn to understand and regulate their emotions. Tuning in to Kids™ is a parenting program that aims to give parents helpful ways of teaching their child/children the skills of emotional intelligence. While the program is group based, one to one skills building can also be used to shape communication and build emotional intelligence.
As an Associate Member of the Australia Society of Hypnosis, Paulette can provide Clinical Hypnosis with suitable clients...
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY - CBT
-is a type of psychotherapy that helps the person to change unhelpful or unhealthy habits of thinking, feeling and behaving and involves the use of practical self-help strategies, which are designed to affect positive and immediate changes in the person’s quality of life.
CBT is an effective treatment approach for a range of mental and emotional health issues including anxiety and depression.
IF NOT DIETING THEN WHAT
is a Person Centred Approach to healthy weight management
Developed by Dr Rick Kausman this is a non-diet approach to mindful and healthy eating practices and works to assist clients to build healthier eating patterns and awareness of eating behaviours.